Lower Back Pain Treatment and Prevention With Our St. Cloud Chiropractor
Lower back pain is incredibly common, but that does not mean it is unmanageable. In fact, extensive research shows that conservative treatment options like chiropractic care and exercise are highly effective for relieving back pain and improving spine health. At East Lake Chiropractic and Medical Center, we can offer you or your loved one many customized solutions to your back pain—and get you back to your normal activities!
Causes of Lower Back Pain
About 8 in 10 people will go through at least one episode of lower back pain. Here are a few of the most common underlying conditions that can lead to back pain, many of which are affecting the patients at our St. Cloud chiropractic clinic:
- Muscle spasms and strains
- Vertebral subluxations or joint misalignments, which can activate pain nerve endings in the joints themselves or even compress nearby spinal nerves, leading to radiculopathy or sciatica
- Spinal ligament sprains
- Vertebral bone fractures (e.g., spondylolisthesis)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Disc herniation or bulge
- Degenerative disc disease
Anyone can get back pain, although it is more common with advancing age. Certain other risk factors for lower back pain have been identified, too, including:
- Sedentary behavior (sitting for a long period of time increases pressure on the low back, leads to tight hips and shoulders, and can weaken your core—a perfect recipe for a painful back!)
- Repetitive bending or twisting
- Frequent exposure to vibration
What Our Saint Cloud Chiropractor Team Can Do For You
Our Saint Cloud chiropractor team, including Dr. McNichols, Dr. Schmidt, and Dr. Massa (as well as our licensed nurse practitioners), has spent years providing innovative, holistic, and drug-free treatment for this common issue.
We are committed to taking an endlessly customizable approach to your care and make sure our services are implemented in just the right way for your optimal healing. Here are a few ways we can help:
- Chiropractic adjustments alleviate nerve compression, promote spinal tissue healing, and "jumpstart" the nervous system for improved endocrinological, hormonal, and physiological well-being
- Regenerative medicine techniques like platelet-rich plasma therapy and stem cell therapy optimizes your OWN body's natural healing power to promote lower back tissue healing and repair (great for injured muscles, tendons, joints, and ligaments!)
- Corrective exercises help you regain better strength, endurance, posture, and mobility in your entire body to help relieve symptoms and avoid recurring issues
Are You Ready to Put Your Lower Back Pain Behind You?
Contact the East Lake Chiropractic and Medical Center at 407-957-9995 to schedule an initial appointment today with an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor.